Movies filmed in Italy:
- The Two Popes (shot in the Vatican)
- Tea with Mussolini (shot in Florence and San Gimignano)
- Life Is Beautiful (shot in Arezzo)
- Under the Tuscan Sun (shot in Cortona)
- Hannibal (shot in Florence)
- The English Patient (shot in Arezzo and Pienza)
- A Room with a View (shot in Florence)
- Gladiator (shot near Pienza)
- Twilight Saga (shot in Volterra)
- A Month By the Lake (shot in Lake Como)
- My House in Umbria (shot in Umbria)
- Wings of the Dove (shot in Venice)
Music from Italy:
- Bocelli never fails to inspire me and his Vivere Live concert in the hillside of Tuscany is definitely an inspiration.
- Amazon: Italian Cuisine and Jazz
- Pandora: Italian Cooking Music: Hey Mambo!, Italian Restaurant Lounge Music
Food from Italy:
- Check out Everyday Italian on the Food Network with Giada and Lidia’s Kitchen on Amazon Prime.
- Check out this fresh pasta dough recipe from Bon Appetit.
- Find foolproof Italian recipes from Cook’s Illustrated The Best Italian Classics cookbook
Books set in Italy:
- Donna Leon – (Venice) The Commissario Guido Brunetti Mystery series (29 books)
- David Hewson – (Venice) Lucifer’s Shadow and (Rome) Villa of Mysteries, a Nick Costa thriller series
- Ferenc Mate – (Montalcino) The Hills of Tuscany, The Wisdom of Tuscany, and A Vineyard in Tuscany
- Isabella Dusi – (Montalcino) Bel Vino, Villa Beans & Brodo
- Adriana Trigiani – The Shoemaker’s Daughter
- Umberto Eco – The Name of the Rose, a mystery set in 1327 in a wealthy Italian abbey
- Eric Newby – (Italy during WWII) Love and War in the Apennines
- Irving Stone – (Florence and Rome during the Renaissance) The Agony and the Ecstacy about Michalangelo
- Francis Mayes – (Tuscany/Cortona) Under the Tuscan Sun and Bella Tuscany
- Dava Sobel – (Florence) Galileo’s Daughter is a historical memoir
- Ross King – (Florence) Brunelleschi’s Dome
What about doing an in-home tasting of Italian wines?
- See my tips on hosting an Italian Red Wine Tasting
Mary Beth I have a passion for creating and experiencing unforgettable moments and sharing those with others. I hope that this story has helped you experience one of those moments.