Movies Filmed in Argentina
- Evita (Buenos Aires)
- The Secret in Their Eyes (Buenos Aires)
- Focus (Buenos Aires)
- The Colony (Buenos Aires)
Music from Argentina
- Jazz Tango Fusion: Music by Astor Piazzolla and Pablo Ziegler
- Latin Romance – Brazilian Bossa Nova, Argentine Tango & Latin Guitar Music Favorites
Food from Argentina
- Watch “It Starts with Wine” highlighting Laura Catena, managing director of Bodega Catena Zapata and founder of the Catena Institute of Wine where research into Argentine terroir, particularly the element of altitude and the Malbec variety, has been integral in the modern profile of wines of Mendoza.
- Check out this Bon Appetit article about Laura Catena’s life
- Want to try to make empanadas before heading out? Check out this beef empanada recipe from Bon Appetit.
Books Set in Argentina
- Eduardo Sacheri – The Secret in Their Eyes
- David Enrique Spellman – Far South
- Gabriela Nouzeilles & Graciela Montaldo – The Argentina Reader
- Philip Kerr – A Quiet Flame
- Rebeka E. Pite – Creating a Common Table in Twentieth-Century Argentina: Doña Petrona, Women, and Food
Mary Beth I have a passion for creating and experiencing unforgettable moments and sharing those with others. I hope that this story has helped you experience one of those moments.